MIBI™ technology (Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging) uses Secondary-Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS), a type of mass spectrometry traditionally used in the semiconductor industry, to image antibodies tagged with monoisotopic metal reporters. This unique technology enables:
- Visualization of 40+ markers simultaneously
- Imaging at the sub-cellular resolution
- Detection of low abundance proteins
- Rescanning of slides at multiple resolutions
WorkflowThe system uses a simple, streamlined workflow that adapts easily for both pathology and clinical imaging labs. Samples are prepared using a traditional IHC protocol and data are collected in less than 1 hour using the MIBIscope™.
- STAINING FFPE or frozen tissue is stained with antibodies, each labeled with a unique metal isotope. Each antibody binds to a single protein target.
- IMAGING An ion beam is scanned across the tissue releasing secondary metal isotope ions which are detected and quantified by a ToF mass spectrometer.
- ANALYSIS Bioinformatic analysis and access to cloud-based MIBItracker Software for easy data visualization.